Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Newsletter August 2006

Dear Supporters,

I hope that you all are well and I pray that God is doing some exciting and interesting things in your lives. On the field, I am well. A couple of weeks ago I was ill with a fever. My guess is that my body was really fatigued and then while my immune system was low I got a fever, with terrible cold and hot spells. That lasted for about a week but all is well now and I am back to work.

Last month a drama team from Texas was here. They work hard, most days they made two and sometimes three performances in hot streets of Caceres. They were an awesome blessing. Working both with us and the Texas team was Tiffany Thompson. She was a blessing. While here she helped in an array of areas - which is good because on the field you need to be flexible. Pastor Parker said that he admired the diligence in her work.

Praise God because I will be working in Spain (the Gospel desert) for a while longer. What has happened is that at this time in my training, under the counsel of God, I have decided to stay and continue working in Caceres until God says go. I expect that to be in Africa within a year but what is most important is that I follow the perfect will of God. I have every intention to work in the countries of West Africa but like Paul when he wanted to go to Asia I have to be patient and go in God’s time. Bless God because I am not where I thought I would be at this time but I am where God has ordained. In Spain, I will continue to receive excellent training, experience, and skills that I will need not only in Africa but anywhere the Lord sends me.

Another reason to praise God is because our church is under attack. Last month someone tried to break the main window in the church. They cracked it but didn't succeed. This is extraordinary because the people responsible used large paving stones and hit it repeatedly in different places but God had the victory. The damage was not extensive. We did not have to replace the expensive store window pane we simply protect it with a wire mesh. That’s just one instance, well this past Wednesday some Neo-Nazis placed a sticker on the church door telling us all to go home. This is phenomenal because if we were not being effective here then the Enemy would not bother with an attack. We see new people in the church all the time, God is truly good.


Sincerely,

Varian

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home