Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Newsletter February 2005

Dear Supporters,

Thanks to your prayers and financial support, I’ve made it to the first part of our Mission to West Africa. Right now I am in Colorado Springs, Colorado receiving training that will equip me to serve more effectively on mission fields of Africa. I arrived in Colorado Springs Tuesday, February 8, after leaving Chicago the day before. Upon our arrival the next day Virgil Amos and his family welcomed us with open arms. While I am receiving training from Virgil Amos and Ambassadors Fellowship (AF), I am also fellowshipping with New Life Church under the pastoral care of Ted Haggard. New Life Church reminds me of my home in Chicago church, Grove Heights. The only difference is that New Life has about 13,000 members but their ministry both are designed toward local and foreign missions and that’s what I love about them both.

It’s my second week here but my first week of training. I spent last week getting to know the city, getting settled, and most importantly using my architectural skills to design a disciple training center for AF here in Colorado. The training center will be a building used to facilitate the making of disciples and leadership development. It’s the same program that I am involved in but the center will be used to produce disciples on a larger scale. The program is design to make true disciples of Jesus the Christ that will seek to reach the world by reproducing Jesus’ disciples wherever they go. My training is expected to last six months. In April, I am traveling to Spain to train under the leadership of Prince Parker. He is member of the AF staff that has planted 18 churches in Latin America, Spain, and the United States. I am expected to be in Spain for about four weeks and then I will return to Colorado to finish the remainder of my training at AF headquarters.

Once again, I thank you for your prayers; I truly feel the covering and protection of the Holy Spirit. Continue to pray for me. For you and I the battle to win West Africa and all of Africa for Christ is just beginning. There are specific ministries that need continued prayer in addition to praying for me, please pray for:

  • AF’s Outreach to Benin September 29 to October 9, 2005
  • The Disciple Training Center’s ministry in Colorado
  • The Intercessory Outreach to Spain April 22-30, 2005
  • The Intercessory Outreach to India October 13-22, 2005
  • The health and wellbeing of Virgil and Martha Amos
  • My growth and understanding of God
  • My financial support will continue to be supplied.

Sincerely,

Varian Dean

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home